Find An Emergency Dentist in AlaskaOur dental referral specialist can help you locate an emergency dentist in Alaska in less than 3 minutes.
Alaska is the largest state in the US, but it is the third least populous state, behind Wyoming and Vermont. Alaska has a population of over 660,000 and half of the people live in or around Anchorage, even though the capital of the state is Juneau. Alaska has approximately 500 dentists1. According to a study performed by McKinsey & Company, around 35% of adults in Alaska haven’t been to the dentist in the past 12 months2.
|Dental Category||Procedure||Average Cost|
|Preventive Care||X-ray (single)||$23.30|
|Composite resin (front teeth)||$160.08|
|Composite resin (rear teeth)||$162.36|
|Veneers||Bonded plastic veneers||$561.33|
|Root Canal (Endodontics)||Anterior root canal||$823.50|
|Bicuspid root canal||$996.76|
|Molar root canal||$1,261.22|
|Periodontics||Perio exam & x-rays||$337.91|
|Scaling & root planing (quadrant)||$422.26|
|Gingivectomy (single tooth)||$326.51|
|Free gingival graft||$1,021.84|
|Oral Surgery||Simple extraction (per tooth)||$171.48|
|Wisdom teeth (impacted)||$786.46|
|Crowns||Porcelain crown (metal)||$1,181.43|
|Porcelain crown (gold)||$1,527.95|
|Dentures||Complete denture (upper)||$1,860.80|
|Complete denture (lower)||$1,915.52|
|Partial denture (non-metal)||$1,345.57|
|Partial denture (metal)||$2,091.06|
Help Finding an Emergency Dentist in AlaskaCall us to get help with locating an emergency dentist near you.
A visit to the dentist in Alaska will cost you $542 on average, according to KFF4. The cost is not that high only because there are not too many dentists in Alaska, but because preventive care is not practiced as much as it should be. Going to the dentist every six months will help you prevent more serious dental problems from developing, because you will get a checkup and a cleaning, and will discover the problem on time. Costly and extensive procedures are mostly performed on people who haven’t been to the dentist in a long time. If you’re experiencing a dental emergency, give us a call to locate an emergency dentist near you and schedule an appointment for you.
Tourists Seeking an Emergency Dentist in Alaska
The top things you should see when you’re in Alaska are the Denali National Park, Kenai Fjords National Park, and the Northern Lights. In case of a dental emergency when visiting Alaska, you should give us a call to locate an emergency dentist near you, and schedule you an appointment.
As a tourist, your dental options are quite broad if you have a PPO or HMO dental insurance plan. With a PPO plan, you can go to any dentist you like while visiting Alaska. While any dentist you go to will allow you to get some level of reimbursement from your PPO insurance plan, selecting an in-network dentist will ensure that you pay the least amount of money possible out of your own pocket. Our dental referral specialists can make sure to provide you with the location of a nearby in-network dentist in order to keep costs low while you are traveling. HMO plans allow you to only go to dentists who are a part of the HMO network, and therefore you will not receive any reimbursement from your insurance company if you choose to go to an out of network dentist. Since it is especially important for HMO patients to go to dentists in their network, our dental referral specialists have been trained to find you the closest in-network HMO dentist if you require one. Don't spend the countless hours trying to find an emergency dentist while you are on vacation should the need arise. Call us and we will get you an appointment today in under 3 minutes for FREE!
|Insurance Provider||Plan Type||Monthly Cost Range|
|AARP5||PPO||$48.87 - $72.10|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield6||n/a||$55.00 - $81.00|
|Delta Dental7||PPO||$39.00 - $46.00|
|MetLife8||PPO||$40.79 - $51.35|
Emergency Dentists By City In AlaskaFind a nearby emergency dentist in your city.
- Professionally Active Dentists. (2017, Oct.). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/total-dentists/?activeTab=maptTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=total-dentists&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22%3A%22Total Dentists%22%2C%22sort%22%3A%22asc%22%7D
- U.S. News & World Report. (2017). Best States - Alaska. Available at: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/alaska
- Alaska Dental Costs. (2017, June 1). Retrieved from https://www.bracesinfo.com/dentalcosts/us/ak.html Dental prices estimated from data gathered by the US Bureau Of Labor Statistics, by the American Dental Association and by ACCRA (American Chamber of Commerce Research Association).
- Health Care Expenditures per Capita by Service by State of Residence. (2014). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/health-spending-per-capita-by-service/?currentTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=dental-services&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D
- Pricing data from: https://www.aarp.org
- Pricing data from: https://www.bcbs.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.deltadental.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.metlife.com