Find An Emergency Dentist in IowaOur dental referral specialist can help you locate an emergency dentist in Iowa in less than 3 minutes.
Iowa is a state with a population of 3.1 million, located in the American Midwest. The capital and the largest city in the state is Des Moines, with 215,000 people. Iowa has over 1,500 dentists, according to KFF1, meaning it’s fairly easy to locate one near you. However, a research done by McKinsey & Company shows that 29% of adults in Iowa haven’t had a dental visit in the last 12 months2.
|Dental Category||Procedure||Average Cost|
|Preventive Care||X-ray (single)||$18.42|
|Composite resin (front teeth)||$125.94|
|Composite resin (rear teeth)||$127.74|
|Veneers||Bonded plastic veneers||$441.34|
|Root Canal (Endodontics)||Anterior root canal||$647.43|
|Bicuspid root canal||$783.62|
|Molar root canal||$991.50|
|Periodontics||Perio exam & x-rays||$265.72|
|Scaling & root planing (quadrant)||$332.03|
|Gingivectomy (single tooth)||$256.76|
|Free gingival graft||$803.33|
|Oral Surgery||Simple extraction (per tooth)||$134.90|
|Wisdom teeth (impacted)||$618.31|
|Crowns||Porcelain crown (metal)||$928.78|
|Porcelain crown (gold)||$1,201.17|
|Dentures||Complete denture (upper)||$1,462.80|
|Complete denture (lower)||$1,505.82|
|Partial denture (non-metal)||$1,057.80|
|Partial denture (metal)||$1,643.80|
Help Finding an Emergency Dentist in IowaCall us to get help with locating an emergency dentist near you.
Residents in Iowa will pay $352 on average every time they go to the dentist4. Practicing preventive care will drive this cost down, because discovering and solving the problem with your teeth in its early stages is less expensive than treating it when it gets serious. A checkup or a filling are less expensive than a root canal treatment or getting a crown. Go to the dentist every six months to avoid costly procedures, and to keep your teeth healthy. In case you do have a dental emergency, give us a call so we can locate an emergency dentist near you and schedule an appointment for you.
Tourists Seeking an Emergency Dentist in Iowa
Iowa has many sights you should visit if you’re a tourist, such as the State Capitol, National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium, or Maquoketa Caves State Park. In case you’re staying in Iowa, and you’re experiencing a dental emergency, call us to help you locate a dentist near you, and schedule an appointment for you.
As a tourist, your dental options are quite broad if you have a PPO or HMO dental insurance plan. With a PPO plan, you can go to any dentist you like while visiting Iowa. While any dentist you go to will allow you to get some level of reimbursement from your PPO insurance plan, selecting an in-network dentist will ensure that you pay the least amount of money possible out of your own pocket. Our dental referral specialists can make sure to provide you with the location of a nearby in-network dentist in order to keep costs low while you are traveling. HMO plans allow you to only go to dentists who are a part of the HMO network, and therefore you will not receive any reimbursement from your insurance company if you choose to go to an out of network dentist. Since it is especially important for HMO patients to go to dentists in their network, our dental referral specialists have been trained to find you the closest in-network HMO dentist if you require one. Don't spend the countless hours trying to find an emergency dentist while you are on vacation should the need arise. Call us and we will get you an appointment today in under 3 minutes for FREE!
|Insurance Provider||Plan Type||Monthly Cost Range|
|AARP5||PPO||$43.32 - $63.93|
|Ameritas6||n/a||$17.30 - $59.50|
|Delta Dental7||PPO||$18.50 - $53.60|
|Humana8||PPO||$17.99 - $27.99|
|MetLife9||PPO||$29.30 - $37.13|
Emergency Dentists By City In IowaFind a nearby emergency dentist in your city.
- Professionally Active Dentists. (2017, Oct.). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/total-dentists/?activeTab=maptTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=total-dentists&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22%3A%22Total Dentists%22%2C%22sort%22%3A%22asc%22%7D
- U.S. News & World Report. (2017). Best States - Iowa. Available at: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/iowa
- Iowa Dental Costs. (2017, June 1). Retrieved from https://www.bracesinfo.com/dentalcosts/us/ia.html Dental prices estimated from data gathered by the US Bureau Of Labor Statistics, by the American Dental Association and by ACCRA (American Chamber of Commerce Research Association).
- Health Care Expenditures per Capita by Service by State of Residence. (2014). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/health-spending-per-capita-by-service/?currentTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=dental-services&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D
- Pricing data from: https://www.aarp.org
- Pricing data from: https://www.ameritas.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.deltadental.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.humana.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.metlife.com