Find An Emergency Dentist in LouisianaOur dental referral specialist can help you locate an emergency dentist in Louisiana in less than 3 minutes.
Louisiana is a state located in the southeast on the US, with a population of 4.7 million. The capital city of Louisiana is Baton Rouge, and is the second largest city, after New Orleans. Over 2,100 dentists live and work in Louisiana, according to KFF1. A research done by McKinsey & Company shows that almost 42% of residents of Louisiana haven’t had a dental visit in the last 12 months2, which is very bad for your dental health.
|Dental Category||Procedure||Average Cost|
|Preventive Care||X-ray (single)||$18.04|
|Composite resin (front teeth)||$123.30|
|Composite resin (rear teeth)||$125.06|
|Veneers||Bonded plastic veneers||$432.06|
|Root Canal (Endodontics)||Anterior root canal||$633.80|
|Bicuspid root canal||$767.13|
|Molar root canal||$970.62|
|Periodontics||Perio exam & x-rays||$260.14|
|Scaling & root planing (quadrant)||$325.05|
|Gingivectomy (single tooth)||$251.36|
|Free gingival graft||$786.42|
|Oral Surgery||Simple extraction (per tooth)||$132.07|
|Wisdom teeth (impacted)||$605.29|
|Crowns||Porcelain crown (metal)||$909.22|
|Porcelain crown (gold)||$1,175.87|
|Dentures||Complete denture (upper)||$1,432.00|
|Complete denture (lower)||$1,474.10|
|Partial denture (non-metal)||$1,035.53|
|Partial denture (metal)||$1,609.18|
Help Finding an Emergency Dentist in LouisianaCall us to get help with locating an emergency dentist near you.
Preventive care is of the utmost importance if you want to save your teeth and keep them in good condition. Too many people in Louisiana don’t go to the dentist often for regular checkups and cleanings. That’s why three in ten people avoid smiling and feel embarrassment due to the condition of their mouth and teeth, according to the American Dental Association4. It is cheaper and healthier if you go to the dentist every six months for a checkup than to wait until you need to get a costly procedure done. Residents in Louisiana will pay $290 on average each time they go to the dentist, according to KFF5. In case of a dental emergency, call us to immediately schedule an appointment with an emergency dentist near you.
Tourists Seeking an Emergency Dentist in Louisiana
Tourists visiting Louisiana for Mardi Gras, or visiting sights such as the Old State Capitol or the French Quarter in New Orleans should worry in case of a dental emergency. Our lines are open 24/7, meaning anytime you call, our dental referral specialists will take your call and locate an emergency dentist near you.
As a tourist, your dental options are quite broad if you have a PPO or HMO dental insurance plan. With a PPO plan, you can go to any dentist you like while visiting Louisiana. While any dentist you go to will allow you to get some level of reimbursement from your PPO insurance plan, selecting an in-network dentist will ensure that you pay the least amount of money possible out of your own pocket. Our dental referral specialists can make sure to provide you with the location of a nearby in-network dentist in order to keep costs low while you are traveling. HMO plans allow you to only go to dentists who are a part of the HMO network, and therefore you will not receive any reimbursement from your insurance company if you choose to go to an out of network dentist. Since it is especially important for HMO patients to go to dentists in their network, our dental referral specialists have been trained to find you the closest in-network HMO dentist if you require one. Don't spend the countless hours trying to find an emergency dentist while you are on vacation should the need arise. Call us and we will get you an appointment today in under 3 minutes for FREE!
|Insurance Provider||Plan Type||Monthly Cost Range|
|AARP6||PPO||$43.32 - $63.93|
|Ameritas7||n/a||$17.30 - $59.50|
|Humana8||PPO||$17.99 - $30.99|
|MetLife9||PPO||$28.71 - $36.43|
Emergency Dentists By City In LouisianaFind a nearby emergency dentist in your city.
Emergency Dentists By StateFind a nearby emergency dentist in your state.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- Professionally Active Dentists. (2017, Oct.). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/total-dentists/?activeTab=maptTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=total-dentists&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22%3A%22Total Dentists%22%2C%22sort%22%3A%22asc%22%7D
- U.S. News & World Report. (2017). Best States - Louisiana. Available at: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/louisiana
- Louisiana Dental Costs. (2017, June 1). Retrieved from https://www.bracesinfo.com/dentalcosts/us/la.html Dental prices estimated from data gathered by the US Bureau Of Labor Statistics, by the American Dental Association and by ACCRA (American Chamber of Commerce Research Association).
- American Dental Association (2015). Oral Health and Well-Being in Louisiana. Oral Health and Well-Being in the United States. [online] American Dental Association's Health Policy Institute. Available at: https://www.ada.org/en/science-research/health-policy-institute/oral-health-and-well-being/Louisiana-facts
- Health Care Expenditures per Capita by Service by State of Residence. (2014). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/health-spending-per-capita-by-service/?currentTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=dental-services&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D
- Pricing data from: https://www.aarp.org
- Pricing data from: https://www.ameritas.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.humana.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.metlife.com