Find An Emergency Dentist in MichiganOur dental referral specialist can help you locate an emergency dentist in Michigan in less than 3 minutes.
Michigan is a state in the Great Lakes region of the US. It has a population of 9.96 million, with most people living in the largest city, Detroit, most known for its automotive industry. The capital city of Michigan is Lansing. There are almost 5,800 dentists living and working in Michigan1. However, around 31% of adults in the state haven’t been to the dentist in the last 12 months, according to a research done by McKinsey & Company2.
|Dental Category||Procedure||Average Cost|
|Preventive Care||X-ray (single)||$20.39|
|Composite resin (front teeth)||$139.77|
|Composite resin (rear teeth)||$141.76|
|Veneers||Bonded plastic veneers||$489.94|
|Root Canal (Endodontics)||Anterior root canal||$718.74|
|Bicuspid root canal||$869.95|
|Molar root canal||$1,100.75|
|Periodontics||Perio exam & x-rays||$294.96|
|Scaling & root planing (quadrant)||$368.57|
|Gingivectomy (single tooth)||$285.01|
|Free gingival graft||$891.84|
|Oral Surgery||Simple extraction (per tooth)||$149.72|
|Wisdom teeth (impacted)||$686.41|
|Crowns||Porcelain crown (metal)||$1,031.11|
|Porcelain crown (gold)||$1,333.52|
|Dentures||Complete denture (upper)||$1,624.00|
|Complete denture (lower)||$1,671.76|
|Partial denture (non-metal)||$1,174.36|
|Partial denture (metal)||$1,824.96|
Help Finding an Emergency Dentist in MichiganCall us to get help with locating an emergency dentist near you.
People having a dental emergency in Michigan can locate an emergency dentist and have an appointment scheduled with one phone call. In less than three minutes, our dental referral specialists can schedule an appointment with an emergency dentist near you. The American Dental Association made a research that shows 22% of people in Michigan are avoiding smiling due to the condition of their mouth and teeth4. Cost is the biggest reason for them not to go to the dentist. A resident going to the dentist in Michigan will pay $379 on average, according to KFF5. People can pay much less if they go to the dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning, because they will discover the problem with their teeth before it become serious and requires a costly procedure.
Tourists Seeking an Emergency Dentist in Michigan
Michigan has many sights to offer to tourists, such as Isle Royale National Park, Mackinac Island, or the State Capitol in Lansing. If you experience a dental emergency in any part of the state, call us and we will locate an emergency dentist for you.
As a tourist, your dental options are quite broad if you have a PPO or HMO dental insurance plan. With a PPO plan, you can go to any dentist you like while visiting Michigan. While any dentist you go to will allow you to get some level of reimbursement from your PPO insurance plan, selecting an in-network dentist will ensure that you pay the least amount of money possible out of your own pocket. Our dental referral specialists can make sure to provide you with the location of a nearby in-network dentist in order to keep costs low while you are traveling. HMO plans allow you to only go to dentists who are a part of the HMO network, and therefore you will not receive any reimbursement from your insurance company if you choose to go to an out of network dentist. Since it is especially important for HMO patients to go to dentists in their network, our dental referral specialists have been trained to find you the closest in-network HMO dentist if you require one. Don't spend the countless hours trying to find an emergency dentist while you are on vacation should the need arise. Call us and we will get you an appointment today in under 3 minutes for FREE!
|Insurance Provider||Plan Type||Monthly Cost Range|
|AARP6||PPO||$43.32 - $63.93|
|Ameritas7||n/a||$19.50 - $69.65|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield8||PPO||$20.68 - $27.70|
|Delta Dental9||n/a||$21.45 - $31.27|
|Humana10||PPO||$21.99 - $32.99|
|MetLife11||PPO||$33.62 - $42.36|
Emergency Dentists By City In MichiganFind a nearby emergency dentist in your city.
Emergency Dentists By StateFind a nearby emergency dentist in your state.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- Professionally Active Dentists. (2017, Oct.). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/total-dentists/?activeTab=maptTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=total-dentists&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22%3A%22Total Dentists%22%2C%22sort%22%3A%22asc%22%7D
- U.S. News & World Report. (2017). Best States - Michigan. Available at: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/michigan
- Michigan Dental Costs. (2017, June 1). Retrieved from https://www.bracesinfo.com/dentalcosts/us/mi.html Dental prices estimated from data gathered by the US Bureau Of Labor Statistics, by the American Dental Association and by ACCRA (American Chamber of Commerce Research Association).
- American Dental Association (2015). Oral Health and Well-Being in Michigan. Oral Health and Well-Being in the United States. [online] American Dental Association's Health Policy Institute. Available at: https://www.ada.org/en/science-research/health-policy-institute/oral-health-and-well-being/Michigan-facts
- Health Care Expenditures per Capita by Service by State of Residence. (2014). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/health-spending-per-capita-by-service/?currentTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=dental-services&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D
- Pricing data from: https://www.aarp.org
- Pricing data from: https://www.ameritas.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.bcbs.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.deltadental.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.humana.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.metlife.com