Find An Emergency Dentist in MississippiOur dental referral specialist can help you locate an emergency dentist in Mississippi in less than 3 minutes.
Mississippi is a state in the south of the US. The name comes from the Mississippi River, which forms its western border. The population of the state is almost 3 million, with most people living in the capital and the largest city, Jackson. According to KFF, Mississippi has around 1,200 dentists1. A research done by McKinsey & Company states that 42% of people in the state haven’t had a dental visit in the last 12 months2.
|Dental Category||Procedure||Average Cost|
|Preventive Care||X-ray (single)||$17.72|
|Composite resin (front teeth)||$121.00|
|Composite resin (rear teeth)||$122.72|
|Veneers||Bonded plastic veneers||$423.97|
|Root Canal (Endodontics)||Anterior root canal||$621.93|
|Bicuspid root canal||$752.76|
|Molar root canal||$952.44|
|Periodontics||Perio exam & x-rays||$255.27|
|Scaling & root planing (quadrant)||$318.96|
|Gingivectomy (single tooth)||$246.66|
|Free gingival graft||$771.69|
|Oral Surgery||Simple extraction (per tooth)||$129.60|
|Wisdom teeth (impacted)||$593.96|
|Crowns||Porcelain crown (metal)||$892.19|
|Porcelain crown (gold)||$1,153.84|
|Dentures||Complete denture (upper)||$1,405.17|
|Complete denture (lower)||$1,446.48|
|Partial denture (non-metal)||$1,016.13|
|Partial denture (metal)||$1,579.03|
Help Finding an Emergency Dentist in MississippiCall us to get help with locating an emergency dentist near you.
Mississippi is one of the worst states in the US when it comes to dental visits. If people don’t practice good oral hygiene, it’s inevitable that their teeth will have problems. Practicing oral hygiene is more than just brushing and flossing your teeth after meals, but it’s also going to the dentist for a checkup every six months. People in Mississippi most often don’t go to the dentist because of the high cost, as stated by the American Dental Association . A visit to the dentist in Mississippi costs $253 on average, according to KFF4. That price can be lower if people see their dentist on time, and save money by not having to do costly treatments. If you’re having a dental emergency, you can call us 24/7, and our dental referral specialists will locate an emergency dentist near you and schedule an appointment for you.
Tourists Seeking an Emergency Dentist in Mississippi
If you’re a tourist visiting Vicksburg National Military Park, Gulf Islands National Seashore, or the Old Capitol Museum, you don’t have to worry in case of a dental emergency. Call our referral agents at any time of the day, and they will make sure you have an appointment scheduled with an emergency dentist near you.
As a tourist, your dental options are quite broad if you have a PPO or HMO dental insurance plan. With a PPO plan, you can go to any dentist you like while visiting Mississippi. While any dentist you go to will allow you to get some level of reimbursement from your PPO insurance plan, selecting an in-network dentist will ensure that you pay the least amount of money possible out of your own pocket. Our dental referral specialists can make sure to provide you with the location of a nearby in-network dentist in order to keep costs low while you are traveling. HMO plans allow you to only go to dentists who are a part of the HMO network, and therefore you will not receive any reimbursement from your insurance company if you choose to go to an out of network dentist. Since it is especially important for HMO patients to go to dentists in their network, our dental referral specialists have been trained to find you the closest in-network HMO dentist if you require one. Don't spend the countless hours trying to find an emergency dentist while you are on vacation should the need arise. Call us and we will get you an appointment today in under 3 minutes for FREE!
|Insurance Provider||Plan Type||Monthly Cost Range|
|AARP5||PPO||$43.32 - $63.93|
|Ameritas6||n/a||$17.30 - $59.50|
|Humana7||PPO||$17.99 - $28.99|
|MetLife8||PPO||$29.30 - $37.13|
Emergency Dentists By City In MississippiFind a nearby emergency dentist in your city.
Emergency Dentists By StateFind a nearby emergency dentist in your state.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- Professionally Active Dentists. (2017, Oct.). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/total-dentists/?activeTab=maptTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=total-dentists&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22%3A%22Total Dentists%22%2C%22sort%22%3A%22asc%22%7D
- U.S. News & World Report. (2017). Best States - Mississippi. Available at: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/mississippi
- Mississippi Dental Costs. (2017, June 1). Retrieved from https://www.bracesinfo.com/dentalcosts/us/ms.html Dental prices estimated from data gathered by the US Bureau Of Labor Statistics, by the American Dental Association and by ACCRA (American Chamber of Commerce Research Association).
- Health Care Expenditures per Capita by Service by State of Residence. (2014). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/health-spending-per-capita-by-service/?currentTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=dental-services&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D
- Pricing data from: https://www.aarp.org
- Pricing data from: https://www.ameritas.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.humana.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.metlife.com