Find An Emergency Dentist in New YorkOur dental referral specialist can help you locate an emergency dentist in New York in less than 3 minutes.
The state of New York is home to almost 14,500 dentists, according to KFF1, making it only second to California by the number of dentists. Most of them are located in New York City, but that doesn’t explain why every fifth person avoids smiling and feels embarrassment and anxiety due to the condition of their mouth and teeth, according to a research done by the American Dental Association2. You should never let your dental health suffer so badly that you feel this way about your smile. Preventive care, such as regular checkups and cleanings at the dentist are essential if you want your teeth to be healthy. The average dental cost in New York is $361, according to KFF3. Regardless of the price, checkups are much cheaper when you compare them to the most common extensive treatments required when dental health is not take seriously. Not going to the dentist twice a year will result in more frequent dental health issues, no matter how often you brush and floss your teeth. That’s why some insurance companies include free checkups and cleanings every six months in most of their plans. If anyone is good at saving money, it’s insurance companies! They know that preventive care is the key to saving you from more extensive and costly procedures, so take their advice, and start saving your money and your teeth.
A study performed by McKinsey & Company showed that almost 33% of adults in New York haven’t been to the dentist in over a year4. It doesn’t mean that they’re healthy, but rather that they’re putting off seeing the dentist. According to the ADA, 27% of people in New York say that time or location is inconvenient, and 26% have trouble finding a dentist2. If you need a dentist, call us to locate one for you. Our lines are open 24 hours a day, and our referral agents will gladly take your call to find an emergency dentist near you, and schedule an appointment today.
|Dental Category||Procedure||Average Cost|
|Preventive Care||X-ray (single)||$22.41|
|Composite resin (front teeth)||$153.88|
|Composite resin (rear teeth)||$156.07|
|Veneers||Bonded plastic veneers||$539.51|
|Root Canal (Endodontics)||Anterior root canal||$791.49|
|Bicuspid root canal||$958.01|
|Molar root canal||$1,212.18|
|Periodontics||Perio exam & x-rays||$324.78|
|Scaling & root planing (quadrant)||$405.85|
|Gingivectomy (single tooth)||$313.83|
|Free gingival graft||$982.11|
|Oral Surgery||Simple extraction (per tooth)||$164.83|
|Wisdom teeth (impacted)||$755.88|
|Crowns||Porcelain crown (metal)||$1,135.49|
|Porcelain crown (gold)||$1,468.54|
|Dentures||Complete denture (upper)||$1,788.44|
|Complete denture (lower)||$1,841.03|
|Partial denture (non-metal)||$1,293.25|
|Partial denture (metal)||$2,009.74|
Help Finding an Emergency Dentist in New YorkCall us to get help with locating an emergency dentist near you.
We have an extensive network of dentists in New York, as well as direct access to their appointment books. That means that even if you call us in the middle of the night, we will find a dentist that can take you in for an emergency treatment. If there are no dentists working at night, we can schedule an appointment with a dentist near you for the first thing in the morning.
Regardless of your insurance status, we can find a dentist that accepts your form of payment. We will locate a dentist that is in-network with your insurance, or provides in-office financing if you need it.
Tourists Seeking an Emergency Dentist in New York
Wherever in New York you are, you can call us to locate an emergency dentist near you. No matter if you’re taking photos of the Brooklyn Bridge, watching a game at the Madison Square Garden or enjoying the view from the Empire State Building, you can give us a call if you’re experiencing a dental emergency, and we will schedule an appointment with an emergency dentist in New York near you.
As a tourist, your dental options are quite broad if you have a PPO or HMO dental insurance plan. With a PPO plan, you can go to any dentist you like while visiting New York. While any dentist you go to will allow you to get some level of reimbursement from your PPO insurance plan, selecting an in-network dentist will ensure that you pay the least amount of money possible out of your own pocket. Our dental referral specialists can make sure to provide you with the location of a nearby in-network dentist in order to keep costs low while you are traveling. HMO plans allow you to only go to dentists who are a part of the HMO network, and therefore you will not receive any reimbursement from your insurance company if you choose to go to an out of network dentist. Since it is especially important for HMO patients to go to dentists in their network, our dental referral specialists have been trained to find you the closest in-network HMO dentist if you require one. Don't spend the countless hours trying to find an emergency dentist while you are on vacation should the need arise. Call us and we will get you an appointment today in under 3 minutes for FREE!
|Insurance Provider||Plan Type||Monthly Cost Range|
|AARP6||PPO||$48.87 - $72.10|
|Ameritas7||n/a||$29.01 - $97.04|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield8||HMO||$22.33 - $47.95|
|Delta Dental9||PPO||$24.24 - $48.48|
|MetLife11||PPO||$35.44 - $44.56|
Emergency Dentists By City In New YorkFind a nearby emergency dentist in your city.
Emergency Dentists By StateFind a nearby emergency dentist in your state.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- District of Columbia
- Professionally Active Dentists. (2017, Oct.). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/total-dentists/?activeTab=maptTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=total-dentists&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22%3A%22Total Dentists%22%2C%22sort%22%3A%22asc%22%7D
- American Dental Association (2015). Oral Health and Well-Being in New York. Oral Health and Well-Being in the United States. [online] American Dental Association's Health Policy Institute. Available at: https://www.ada.org/en/science-research/health-policy-institute/oral-health-and-well-being/New-York-facts
- Health Care Expenditures per Capita by Service by State of Residence. (2014). Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/health-spending-per-capita-by-service/?currentTimeframe=0&selectedDistributions=dental-services&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D
- U.S. News & World Report. (2017). Best States - New York. Available at: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-york
- New York Dental Costs. (2017, June 1). Retrieved from https://www.bracesinfo.com/dentalcosts/us/ny.html Dental prices estimated from data gathered by the US Bureau Of Labor Statistics, by the American Dental Association and by ACCRA (American Chamber of Commerce Research Association).
- Pricing data from: https://www.aarp.org
- Pricing data from: https://www.ameritas.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.bcbs.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.deltadental.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.humana.com
- Pricing data from: https://www.metlife.com